Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hangin' Tough

Not just for the New Kids anymore!
I'm off all this week from work and had high hopes of being able to paint and clean the ol' house. Not so much, however. We're still trying to get the water flowing the right way, which is proving to be a challenge. The contractors switched their attention to the woodstove today, which should be ready to be fired up (pun intended) by this evening. Another plumber out to the house tomorrow and we're just taking it day by day here. We had a visit at the cabin today also from the internet company to fix a down line.They fixed that in no time which is good, we'll take what we can get.

So I'm home baking bread from our old standby recipe, the Master Recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. So easy, so delicious. It's technically for a boule, but I prefer to put it in a loaf pan for sandwiches etc.
So we'll have bread for the week! So simple, just good flour(that Ejay milled!), salt, yeast and water. Google the book title for their website, which is awesome. I'm also watching my fill of movies on our Netflix, currently "The Best and the Brightest starring Neil Patrick Harris and Amy Sedaris(my personal favorite).
So that's really the day in a nutshell. Ups and downs. I had a breakdown moment yesterday where it felt like everything was just stalling, but today I guess I have a little more perspective. Just gotta keep going! And maybe get in a good New Kids on the Block tune every now and again.
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment