Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The march towards infastructure...

So, we have been on a bit of a necessary purchase spree, which always makes me nervous. The reality is, we aren't spending anything we don't have to. The other part of the reality is- we need to finish signing up our shares! We are very excited about the folks who have signed up thus far, and it's been absolutely incredible to get so many people so quickly. We also don't have that many shares left, but they are crucial to ensuring success this year. I'm going to make a few calls and see if I can't table at some local events to tell people about our work. The CSA fair was fun, but didn't really give us an opportunity to talk to as many people as I would have liked, or give us a great return in exchange for the time/effort/registration fee. But enough about small-business management.

The weather this week is so blatantly delicious that it can't possibly last. I keep waiting for the weather forecasters to come down and remind us all that the cold isn't totally gone. I spent the week starting early seedlings, and fencing, but I'm trying to hold back from getting too excited about spring time. It's just around the corner, and it feels like now, but I know the lady won't be rushed. She will take her time, and just when you think she's ready- colder weather will return and delay her arrival. Well, at least that's what I'm thinking right now.

Today was a little haphazard. Kim started her day with a flat, so I got a bit of a later start after helping her. The fence posts for the primary garden beds are up, and I ran the top line electric. It took less time then I had allotted, which is good. I have to get a few last minute items (handles, in-line tighteners) but then the fence should be all set and ready for when we need it. I had thought I was going to also set up the new hen house, but it's going to take two, so I have to wait for a day when Kim is home. So, begrudgingly, I'm inside ordering supplies, checking email, and doing the budget. All things which are just as important as fencing, but much less attractive then the sunshine.

The new bunnies are growing quickly! Their eyes are staring to open, and it won't be long until they are hopping around the cage.We have another doe due to kindle next week, and are debating breeding one more. I think we need to see how many kits come from Kiddy (the doe due to kindle), and then decide if we need a few more to keep the freezer stocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment