Monday, May 13, 2013

James the Intern

So! We have a new farm resident... and it's an intern!

James comes to us from Wells College to spend a month learning the ropes on our hectic little farmstead. He doesn't have a lot of farm experience, but brings a good amount of enthusiasm and willingness to learn. And we're glad to have him. So we thought we would do a little interview to introduce him!


Where are you from?

I am from Hollis New Hampshire. It's a smaller town. I really liked it, it's pretty forested and lots of tall white pines. It used to be more farming but now it's more suburban; unfortunately more forests are being taken  down for housing developments, but there are still nice hiking trails.


What are you majoring in college?  I'm majoring in Women and Gender Studies at Wells.


What are your hobbies/pass times?  I love singing, dancing, being in nature, yoga, and food.


What are your first impressions of the farm?  I instantly fell in love with the area.  The mountains surrounding the farm are particularly beautiful.


What are you looking forward to during your internship?  I'm looking forward to working outside; getting up early and working through the day as it develops.  I'm also excited to explore some of the conservation land during some of my down time.

What would you like to learn while you are here?

I'm looking forward to learning how to plant yummy vegetables and to learn more about taking care of animals and meat production.



Anything else you'd like to say?  I'd really like to thank Ejay and Kim and all the animals on the farm, for giving me a great opportunity and making me feel welcome.  It's only the first official day of the internship and I can already tell I'm going to have a blast.


No comments:

Post a Comment